St Paul Church
On July 28, 1837, the Diocese of Natchez was established in Mississippi.
In 1844, Pass Christianís first Catholic Mission Church was built by Father Guillame Labbe.
In May 1850, Father Antoine Paul Guerard built a fine church for Pass Christian,
In May 1879, a new church was completed as a result of a February 1876 fire that destroyed the church and 14 other neighboring downtown buildings.
In 1969, Hurricane Camille greatly damaged St. Paulís Church and the new one was dedicated by Bishop Brunini on Sunday, February 27, 1972.
On August 29, 2005, Hurricane Katrina obliterated St Paul's Church.
Left: Only the gutted roof shell remains -- Right: School vehicles
Gutted Interior except for the prevailing Cross
Some stained glasses remain
The School and Auditorium are beyond repair
Donations should be mailed to PO Box 848, Pass Christian, MS 39571 and marked Church, or School, or Cemetery.
Rev. Father Dennis Carver, Pastor. 228.452.4686